Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Beat the Yeti" for 05/05/08








Yes, we're here. And we fought this week, unlike last week, where GTA IV got in the way of last week's team (in other words, they were scared).




Ok, this week, we faced Team FetalKittens (seriously, what's up with these names?). Read below for the brain-numbing details!












Team Yeti

HeavenlyYeti- 'The Next American Idol'
TheRussianKoLob- 'Psycho'
Lilkuke- 'not so little anymore, it seems'
The Phr3ak- 'Reading Rainbow!'




Team FetalKittens

Llamatek- 'Teh Leader'
CODii- 'Triforce FTW'
r053B0y5- 'every rose has a thorn, you know'
earle117- 'I Love Yeti!'











GAME 1











Yes, that's an Explorer window you're seeing above. That's because I'm posting this at school. Anyway, The first game was Team Snipers on Rat's Nest. We got off to a rough start, what with RussianKoLob being all "M.I.A." and me just trying out the Bumper-Jumper control scheme for the first time.



But soon we found our grip and began popping some heads. During this bloody battle along the endlessly looping roads of the UNSC base, The Phr3ak and I sang in a duet that, well, wasn't exactly a voice from the heavens. But, yeah, I sang a rendition of Darkspire Films' song "No Scope Was Involved" and Phr3ak was my backup.



Apparently our singing actually were what won us the match. We thoroughly confused Team Fetal and thus emerged victorious. Yay!






Final Score: 25-22, Team Yeti wins












GAME 2






Well, our singing won us the match last time. So, like the Americans we are, we decided to do it again. However, the other team had become wise to us, and were expecting it when we poured our performance of "Reading Rainbow" upon their ears. We totally got owned, but I feel like this is a good time to give a little list of songs that we tried on these guys.



"Everytime We Touch" by Cascada



"Still Alive" by GLaDoS



"Reading Rainbow" by Reading Rainbow



"Numb" by Linkin Park



"Umbrella" by Rihanna



"When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Krauss





Note that the above listed songs will NOT work on their team anymore.





Final Score: 100-29, Team FetalKittens wins







GAME 3





Why is it that every time we do these things, we end up having a tiebreaker? Can't we just win twice in a row sometime? Yes, I'm talking to you, teammates.


Ok, prior to the Challenge, I had received an e-mail from Llamatek asking if we could play Team Swat on their own map, charmingly named "Fugly". Being the nice guy that I am, of course I approved!


So, here's the basic premise of this map, based on my understanding: You and your team run around through some teleporters and shoot the other team. The teleporters go all over the place, and there are tons of MLG-style callouts for this map, such as "The Sniper Box". Now, try as I might, never once did I find this so-called "box". I personally think Team FetalKittens is a bunch of dastardly villains who knew I was listening when they spoke, so they would lie about stuff. I swear I heard somebody say "Yo, I'm in the part that looks like Epitaph!"

The battle went on for seemingly forever, and man was the score close! But through and through, we emerge victorious.

Final Score: 50-49, Team Yeti wins.

Thanks to everyone who participated. If you would like to face Team Yeti in the weekly Beat the Yeti challenge, please shoot an E-mail to mcnealylindsey@gmail.com. We welcome getting our butts whooped (again).We play next week on MONDAY, May 12th, 2008, at 7:00 pm est.Thanks!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why no films?!

:(

Anonymous said...

Why no films?!

:(

Captain Turner said...

@ anonymous:


I tried to get the Films, but it said the files were "corrupted".

Hopefully this was just a one-time thing...

Anonymous said...

Actaully Yetti our team name is FetalWarKittens....see you forgot the word war there.....makes us sound more ferocious. Anyway, the match was great, we had a blast playing it. Don't recall anyone saying that Fugly looked like epitaph, but the sniper box is at the top of the stairs after you take the teleporter at the end of the long hallway you guys were camping in for a while. Also, because of an arbitrary decicion by Codii the final match was played to 75 kills, not 50. Final score on the last epic battle was 75-74. Oh, and our official team statement is that the map is so well balanced that even though we built it you were able to hold your own against us and ultimately triumph......yeah, it's our story and we're sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, our map was so amazingly balanced, even we can't own on it. And you should know where the sniper box is, since you spent the whole game camping it <(^_^)>. And I think I'm "friends with Yeti", but I'm not quite sure that I "love" you. I think a more appropriate quote would have been something like "I R COOLIO" or something referring to me as a pimp, being pimptacular, or how I pimp out loud. But hey, you tried. <(^_^)> Nah, just kidding, I had fun playing with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yetti, files were fine on my box. Films are up on my file share, last 3 slots I believe/